After many, many months of freely accepting all books for reviewing, I have reached a point where certain guidelines must be established. I feel that in order to provide you—the author, publisher, etc.—with the best reviews and information possible, I need to be upfront and honest in regards to what I’m looking for as a reader, as well as the sorts of materials that are just not for me.
If you still have questions, comments, or other inquiries upon reading these policies, please feel free to contact me via the form at the end of the page.
Genres I ♥ to Read & Review:
- Speculative fiction, especially science-fiction & fantasy.
- Literary fiction.
- Historical fiction with a setting outside of America/The United States.
- Asian literature (i.e.: literature written by Asians, preferably but not limited to: about Asians).
- Stories that focus on gender, racial, and LGBT+ diversities.
- Comics & graphic novels.
Genres I Will Consider for Review:
- Young adult
- Religious, specifically for Jodo-Shinshu Buddhism & Islam
Genres I DO NOT Accept:
- Erotica & romance
- Sequels to serials I have not read
- “Asian” literature, or novels about Asian people, written by a non-Asian
- Picture books (i.e.: lower than middle-grade level readers)
I do offer exceptions in certain cases. If you have a book that I normally would not consider, but feel strongly about it, please feel free to contact me & explain why you feel I should make an exception (e.g.: you feel there are aspects of the book, based on my other interests, that I may enjoy, etc.).
Responses to all inquiries are provided within a 24-hour period during business days.