The new season is starting tonight!!! I’m so excited for it. I must confess that when I first read the book (I’ve only read the first one so far) and watched the initial season, I was so sceptical about it. But it has easily turned into one of my favourite historical fiction narratives.
I came across this book tag on Carrie’s blog. She runs the Cat on the Bookshelf blog, which is fantastic. Y’all should give it a looky-over. After looking over the questions, I knew that I had to do it. It was originally created by BookTuber, Sasha Alsberg @ A Book Utopia.
WARNING: The following tag has questions that consist of spoilers for the Outlander series. Read at your own discretion!
01. You touch some standing stones and get transported back into time. What year would you hope to land in?
I would want to be transported back to October 24, 2003. It was my 16th birthday and I spent the evening with my brother. We drove to a cliff-side, parked our cars, and laid down on the bonnets watching the stars. Then he handed me a chocolate coconut cupcake. I made my wish and we split the dessert. It was one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had in my life. What I wouldn’t do to be able to re-live it. 🙂
02. Claire is a very good nurse. What type of skill would you want to have that a fictional character excels at?
A badass dagger-wielding assassin in a long, wool coat with charm the ladies can’t resist.
03. Jamie and Claire are ultimate relationship goals. Who is your favourite fictional couple?
Takeo Gouda and Rinko Yamato from the manga series My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!) by Kazune Kawahara and Aruko. They are so fucking adorable and the depiction of the obstacles they face in their relationship are realistic as well as very positive.
04. The ending of Outlander was shocking. What is one ending of a book that totally blew your mind?
A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R.R. Martin. It COMPLETELY blew my fucking brains.
05. Scotland has lots of castles and we see quite a few of them in Outlander. What fictional kingdom would you want as your own?
I had a difficult time answering this one. There weren’t many kingdoms at all that I’ve ever really wanted as my own. But after much thought, I’ve settled on two of them: Kingdom of Gondor from The Lord of the Rings series because Minas Tirith is fucking gorgeous. The second is the Kingdom of Galifar from the Eberron universe because I’m obsessed with that universe and having a united kingdom such as Galifar would make me a very powerful and successful sort of person.
06. Outlander has some very steamy scenes. What is your favourite romance novel?
Ironically enough, Outlander. It’s extremely well-written and I loved the portrayal of Claire and Jamie’s relationship. There’s no insta-love bullshit and their devotion to one another is remarkable; rare as fuck this day and age.
07. The Jacobite Rising is a huge plot point in the Outlander series. Which book has your favourite battle in it?
Technically the battle in this series spans all three books, but the third instalment of this trilogy has some of the best strategies and tactics, as well as jaw-dropping twists, so I’m going to say The Battle of Corrin by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson, which is book three in The Legends of Dune trilogy.
08. Jamie and Claire get married very unexpectedly. Which fictional character would you want to marry on a whim?
I have two that I would LOVE to marry on a whim: Ryōsuke Takahashi from the manga series Intial D by Shuichi Shigeno, and Revy from the manga series Black Lagoon by Rei Hiroe. Badass in their trades.
09. Scotland is a beautiful place. What is one fictional place you’d love to visit?
Again, I’ve got two! The first is Dragonstone Island from A Song of Ice and Fire Saga by George R.R. Martin. The second is Lhazaar Principalities from Eberron. It’s a small, coastal city home to pirates, traders, and very interesting sea creatures.
10. If you could change the past, would you?
Yes. I would prevent my brother from dying at such an early age.
11. Tag folks!
I don’t really have anyone specific to tag, so I’ll just say that if you enjoyed this book tag and feel like doing it, consider yourself to be tagged!