I was nominated for this award by Carrie over at Cat on the Bookshelf. I would like to take this moment to thank her. There aren’t enough words to express how grateful I am to be nominated for blogger awards; I deeply appreciate your support!
This award was started by Okoto Enigma as a means to discover new blogs. Here’s a quote that goes into more detail about it.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Here are the nine rules:
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- List all of the rules.
- Thank whomever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to them as well.
- Share 3 things about yourself with your readers.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choosing, with one weird/strange or funny question (make sure to specify).
- Share links to your best posts.
🏆 Three Random Facts About Myself:
- I cannot stand the sound of other people brushing their teeth. It freaks me the fuck out. It’s specifically the sound of the brush grating against teeth (no idea where or why I developed this, lol).
- My entire bathroom is decorated with Hello Kitty decor.
- I have severe OCD with pretty much everything in my house.
🏆 Carrie’s 5 Questions:
- Besides what you regularly blog about, what is one other thing that you are passionate about?
- Films, particularly of Asian cinema.
- If all expenses were taken care of, where in the world would you want to go?
- Scotland, Italy, and Japan.
- Would you rather be a dragon, or have a dragon? (This is my weird question.)
- I would rather be a dragon so I could experience what it would feel like to be utterly free and fierce.
- If you could speak a language other than the one(s) you know, which would it be and why?
- This is a difficult question! I speak Hindi, Urdu, American & British English (yes, they’re very different), and Italian fluently. I would like to master Japanese and I’d like to learn to read and write Devanagari (written Hindi language).
- What chance encounter changed your life forever?
- When I was a little girl, I went to our family’s regular Halal butcher shop. On this specific day, Muhammed Ali was in town and happened to be at the same place. My father is a huge fan of Muhammed Ali, so we made our way through the crowd. Mr. Ali picked me out of the mass of people and children and hugged my tightly. He said I reminded him of his daughter and he showered me with warm kisses, all over my face, and met with my parents. I can still distinctly remember the way he smelled, of warm amber and incense. I felt so safe and comfortable in his arms as he held me up above everyone (he was much taller than I had imagined, but then again I was a wee thing). In that moment, I came to realise that people are just that: people. Their celebrity status doesn’t make them inhuman, and it doesn’t make them unattainable, which doesn’t make any dream that I could have for myself unattainable. At the end of the day, the only reason something or someone could feel so far out of reach is simply due to the mental restrictions that we unintentionally give them. I cherish this blessed moment so much every single day of my life.
🏆 My Favourite Posts I’ve Written:
- Elegant Yokai Apartment Life: Zero to W.T.F. in Half a Season
- Cowboy Bebop (1998) – Anime Review
- Arkham Asylum: Provocative, Introspective Tale on Madness
- Planetes by Makoto Yukimura – A Manga Review
🏆 Nominations (Tags)
I’m not going to tag anyone this time around, at least not yet. I’m recovering from some health things and I want to make sure that I compile a nice list of people/blogs I love instead of randomly naming folks.