Happy Sunday morning to you all! I am very excited to announce that a few weeks ago I was nominated for the Unique Blogger Award by Moyatorium, which is an amazing blog to read well-written and thoughtful anime related posts. If you haven’t do so already, please check her out! I’ve shared a couple of her First Impressions down below for some Winter 2018 anime shows.
I feel super honoured to be nominated for this award! It completely caught me off guard and wholeheartedly made me smile, so thank you so much!! I was nominated for being a blog that “makes the best anime/book lists!” I am super humbled! I will admit that I put a lot of thought into those lists, so for people to appreciate them really means a lot to me and makes it so very worth it. 🙂
- Display the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and share a link to their blog on your blog/post. Try and include a bit of promotion!
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 8 to 13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love & solidarity within our blogging family.
Questions for Me:
- Why did you choose the avatar you have? – When I first began BiblioNyan, I began by focusing mostly on book reviews. Since my name was created to show my passion for both books and cats, I figured a picture of my buddy Kheb and one of my favourite books would be most fitting!
- Do you share your blogging experience with people you know in real life? To what extent? – There are some people who are aware that I have a blog, but they don’t know how active I am, or what kind of content I share. There are only two people aside from Sir Betrothed who actively read my blog and help support me in my writing endeavours. To be honest, most of the people I know in real life consist of my family, and they wouldn’t understand/be very supportive of my work, so I keep it to myself as much as I can.
- Do you think your blogger persona differs from your real life personality? – Not at all. The only thing that is different, persona-wise, on my blog versus the me in real life is that I keep the cursing to a minimum most of the time to keep my blog more professional (although the occasional vulgarity does escape, lol). I curse a lot. It’s probably not the greatest thing, but I’m proud of who I am, haha. Oh, and my British vocabulary/pronunciation/etc. is stronger when I speak versus when I write, where I use a mixture of both British and American English.
I don’t follow many blogs, so I will nominate as many as I can think of within 30-seconds.
- Geeks Travel in Japan – Mara has an absolutely beautiful blog that brings us lots of excellent posts on living and travelling in Japan.
- 100 Word Anime – Karandi has a fantastic blog that is dedicated to providing consistent posts on most of the seasonal shows, episode by episode, as well as wonderfully written In Case You Missed It posts that highlight other bloggers and Tuesday Top 5 lists.
- Anime Girls NYC – This blog does a great job of highlighting fan art, specifically on Fridays. It’s not something I have seen on other blogs at all.
- Raistlin0903 – You can find amazing reviews for film and television serials from from a variety of genres here. I love that Michel offers a variety of reviews on Asian cinema, which is quite uncommon.
- A Nerdy Perspective – A blog that focuses on otaku content, as well as music and travelling. I love this blog because the anime-related posts are my favourite and are written with such passion. They always put a smile on my face, and usually give something fresh to think about.
- Wretched and Divine – Rose does really neat cosplay and reading her posts has inspired me to want to try cosplaying for the first time!
- Did you always know what you wanted to blog about, or did you do some trial and error before finding topics you felt comfortable with?
- What is your biggest motivation for writing/blogging?
- If you could give one piece of advice for a newbie blogger out there, what would it be?
**Disclaimer: Please don’t feel obligated to do the award. Very much like other bloggers, I mostly wanted to share those blogs that I love to read, and that also motivate and inspire me to keep on blogging. ♥**