Happy Monday tidings to all!
I was nominated for this fun and fantastic award (again, woot!) by my dear friend and delightful fellow blogger, Sinead. She runs a highly engaging book blog over at Huntress of Diverse Books. In addition to delightful reviews of diverse literatures, she also specialises in character interviews. If you like books, go show her some love.
I have to say that a lot of her questions were some tough ones, which means they were fun and helped me learn a lot about myself!
- Thank the person who nominated you and give them a shout-out with a link to their blog.
- Answer all of the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new people/blogs with a fresh set of 11 questions of your choosing.
- List the rules in your post and share the Sunshine Award Logo either in the post, or somewhere on your blog.
- What is your favourite time of day to read? – I love reading between the hours of Midnight and 10am, while the sky is still dark and mysterious.
- Do you listen to music while you read? If yes, what kind of music? – Absolutely. I have two distinct choices. The first consists of rain ambience, for which I have tracks on my phone. If I’m on a computer than I use Rainy Mood. Aside from rain, I love instrumental music, either classical piano and violin, or OSTs of video games.
- What was your favourite book/series in your childhood? – The Cat Who… book series written by Lilian Jackson Braun. Technically, these are adult mystery books. But I discovered them in secondary school (junior high school) and I love them.
- What is your favourite trope to read about? – Badass villains who’ve dropped their evil ways for straight-edged (mostly) life. For example, my favourite trilogy of all-time, revolves around an assassin-turned-priest who still maintains his badass weapon-wielding ways. My favourite cyberpunk series is about a mercenary who retires to a private vacation island where she runs a brothel. I’m weak for such folks. Don’t know if this counts as a trope.
- How much do book covers influence your reading choices? – They influence my desire to learn more about the book. Aside from that, not much. Most of my interest lies in the body beneath, not the clothes its attired in.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? – This may sound clichéd, but I love sharing my thoughts on stuff I’m really passionate about and realising that I’m not alone with my interests and opinions. Another reason is that it provides me with a creative outlet aside from other artistic-related things that I do. Good change of pace.
- What hobbies, other than reading, do you have? – I’ve five that I love equally (not including otaku things). Writing stories that are extremely unpredictable. Being a passionate loud-mouth about my rights to be an equal in a world that’s not-so-equal. Playing instruments by ear. Racing cars. PC gaming. Oh!! Vaping. Oops, guess that’s six.
- Which character do you wish you were friends with in real life? – Diran Bastiaan & Ghaji from The Blade of the Flame Trilogy by Tim Waggoner, & Supreme Commander Thrawn.
- Which character’s wardrobe would you like to have? – Reino from the manga series Skip Beat!. I’m fucking in love with his… wardrobe.
- What medium do you prefer for your reading? – Paperbacks.
- In which bookish universe would you like to live? – Eberron, specifically the Lhazaar Principalities.
- If you could watch the sunrise from any place on Earth, where would it be?
- What is your favourite season for reading?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve when reading reviews?
- What book, or other medium (anime, TV, Film, etc.), did you have the most fun writing about?
- If you could re-live one day from your past, what would it be?
- Name a genre you have always wanted to try, but feel intimidated by.
- Name one book, or other medium (anime, TV, Film, etc.) you expected to hate, but ending up loving.
- What are two books on your Bookish Bucket List (or two books you want to read more than any of the others)?
- Name of your favourite musician.
- If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be?
- If you only had five more minutes left to live, think of the person you’d most want to speak to. Tell them.
- Drew @ The Tattooed Book Geek
- Melting Pots and Other Calamities
- Vijayalakshmi Harish @ The Reading Desk
- Shanayah @ The Scarlet Bookkeeper
- Dahlia Adler @ LGBTQ Reads
- Ceillie @ Candid Ceillie
- Nova @ Confessions of a Literary Addict
- Tavleen @ Travelling Through Words
- Jess @ JBelkBooks
- Carrie @ Cat on the Bookshelf
- CW @ Read, Think, Ponder